What To Buy???

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Répondre
Crakoviak
VTT : can-am

What To Buy???

Message par Crakoviak »

Hello everyone...
I'm new here, and I'm new to ATV world...
Actually, I don't even own an ATV... but I want to change that as soon as possible...
Therefore I will need help from experts, as I have no idea what brand I should buy.
First to help me you'll need to know what I want to do with it... so:

1.) I want a four wheeler for recreational riding on Quebec trails.
2.) I will ride with my wife, so I'll need a 2 sitter (not side-by-side)
3.) I'm sort of heavy... 270lb my wife 125lb... total close to 400lb
4.) I like to go fast, but not crazy fast (I'm 41yo) so I don't need a racer...
5.) My budget is under 7000.00$ (including permit's, helmet's...)
6.) I already own a 5'x9' trailer with ramp...
7.) I can and will do some of the minor repairs and/or maintenance needed... (no engine overhaul)

I would like your opinion on make, engine size and options I should look for...
Thank You,

PS: I'm also considering buying in USA... is that a good idea???

bearcat
VTT : commander 800

Re: What To Buy???

Message par bearcat »

Crakoviak a écrit :Hello everyone...
I'm new here, and I'm new to ATV world...
Actually, I don't even own an ATV... but I want to change that as soon as possible...
Therefore I will need help from experts, as I have no idea what brand I should buy.
First to help me you'll need to know what I want to do with it... so:

1.) I want a four wheeler for recreational riding on Quebec trails.
2.) I will ride with my wife, so I'll need a 2 sitter (not side-by-side)
3.) I'm sort of heavy... 270lb my wife 125lb... total close to 400lb
4.) I like to go fast, but not crazy fast (I'm 41yo) so I don't need a racer...
5.) My budget is under 7000.00$ (including permit's, helmet's...)
6.) I already own a 5'x9' trailer with ramp...
7.) I can and will do some of the minor repairs and/or maintenance needed... (no engine overhaul)

I would like your opinion on make, engine size and options I should look for...
Thank You,

PS: I'm also considering buying in USA... is that a good idea???
There are 3 popular brands that are offerd in the two seater designe which are Polaris, artic cat and BRP.I would go in the 650cc and up because of your weight (no offence) but as for the brand that has to be up to you. Go out or look up and see whats available but at you price range it's going to be used unless you get a hell of a deal.I myself have a 2006 outlander max and it suits me reel fine and as a week end macanic they are easy enough to maintain.I too weigh in the 250 lbs and my wife in the 150 and that quad is very comfortable.I'll leave others talk about the two other brands.As far as buying in the US if you know the procedure what to do why not you will probably find something in your price braquet.If you buy used get it checked because atv's are often abused.As far as accesories you will need mirrors,fairing,two seater trunk,thumb and hand warmers. Good luke in your hunt for the right quad for you.Last thing welcome to Quadnet and take advantage of this site which can be very informative.
Ancienement RON53- Outlander 2006 vendu un outlander max xt 2009 800R vendu,pare brise BRP,coffre quadrax,Coffre avant moose,ressort heavy duty avant,clutch cvtech,frame renforcie,GPS garmin 76cx.Maintenant avec un can am commander 2012.
Crakoviak
VTT : can-am

Message par Crakoviak »

There are 3 popular brands that are offerd in the two seater designe which are Polaris, artic cat and BRP.I would go in the 650cc and up because of your weight (no offence) but as for the brand that has to be up to you. Go out or look up and see whats available but at you price range it's going to be used unless you get a hell of a deal.I myself have a 2006 outlander max and it suits me reel fine and as a week end macanic they are easy enough to maintain.I too weigh in the 250 lbs and my wife in the 150 and that quad is very comfortable.I'll leave others talk about the two other brands.As far as buying in the US if you know the procedure what to do why not you will probably find something in your price braquet.If you buy used get it checked because atv's are often abused.As far as accesories you will need mirrors,fairing,two seater trunk,thumb and hand warmers. Good luke in your hunt for the right quad for you.Last thing welcome to Quadnet and take advantage of this site which can be very informative.[/quote]

Thank you,
I really like the "look" of can-am, and yes there is no way I could get outlander max new in my price range... some of my friends at work suggested Honda because of durability, but warned me that Honda is not as comfortable and I would need a course if I want to have a passenger...
As for abuse... any specific places to look at??? I already scratched any offers that are specifying rebuild engine...
Killswitch_QC
VTT : Arctic Cat

Message par Killswitch_QC »

Arctic cat TRV would enter into your budget.... Great machine with a passenger.
Arctic Cat Trv 650H1 2007
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
bearcat
VTT : commander 800

Message par bearcat »

Finally what did you buy.
Ancienement RON53- Outlander 2006 vendu un outlander max xt 2009 800R vendu,pare brise BRP,coffre quadrax,Coffre avant moose,ressort heavy duty avant,clutch cvtech,frame renforcie,GPS garmin 76cx.Maintenant avec un can am commander 2012.
KenKill
VTT : Out 800R Max XT

Message par KenKill »

In vtt space it's written CANAM :-)
Outlander Max XT 800R Camo 2010 + MOD Frame, 9500KM
Maxxis Bighorn 2.0, spacer 1"
D2 Led light http://www.rigidindustries.com
Garmin Montana 600
Testeur de Garantie Bombardier :lol: Garantie fini :(
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »