no pass required / enforcement

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Répondre
quadred
VTT : kawasaki

no pass required / enforcement

Message par quadred »

Where around mtl do you not need a trail pass to ride?

Also what happens if you are caught on a pass-req'd trail without one. I assume it is a fine but how is collectong on fines legally enforced

I ask as a buddy from ontario has a quad and will be coming to town with his bike a few times this summer but won't be here enough to justify buying a pass...

nordique
VTT : Ranger 570

Re: no pass required / enforcement

Message par nordique »

He could take a one-day pass or a summer pass ( I think it's 30$ and 80$). If your friend wishes to ride in Quebec trails, I think he should respect regulations concerning membership in this province.

Or, if you don't wish to ride in federated trails, you could ride in ZECs (around 9$ a day).
Salutations et bonnes randonnées,

Nordique ( sur Ranger 570)
xsinx
VTT : Raptor 700R '08

Message par xsinx »

quadred a écrit :Where around mtl do you not need a trail pass to ride?

Also what happens if you are caught on a pass-req'd trail without one. I assume it is a fine but how is collectong on fines legally enforced

I ask as a buddy from ontario has a quad and will be coming to town with his bike a few times this summer but won't be here enough to justify buying a pass...
There are tons of place where you "can" ride but they are not legal and could be caught if there's an operation there. Pretty much every town or area has those places around but they are mostly used by locals and you pretty much need to know your way around.

Other than that, on federated trails not having the pass will force you to buy it if you get caught and the pass is 160$ and there is a 40$ extra charge if you buy it in the trail. If you refuse to buy, I think the fine is around 150$ and this is handled by the local police department in collaboration with the trail agents. Legally, you can buy a day pass or a half-season pass. For your friend, a half season pass would probably be best, it's 100$ if I remember right and lasts from I think it's April or May 1 to October 31.

Another option would be to go further up north where there are ZEC's which are areas where you can ride for 8$ a day. They are limited in size, so it might not be worth it on the smaller ones. Others will have enough trails to ride all weekend without reusing the same trails. You can also get out of these legally in some areas where there are public unpaved roads where ATV's are allowed to ride, but this is north of the civilized area.
xSINx - "Une pipe c'est bien, mais deux c'est mieux!"
Le Tätä
VTT : Sportsman 570

Message par Le Tätä »

yes got we cot for the some anybody some the where body for some,,,,,i don't anybod fer for anytime to go the business anymore,,,anyway,,i come back some
Le Tätä
VTT : Sportsman 570

Message par Le Tätä »

that's it that's all :lol: :lol: :lol:
xsinx
VTT : Raptor 700R '08

Message par xsinx »

xSINx - "Une pipe c'est bien, mais deux c'est mieux!"
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »