Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Medic911
VTT : KQ '09

Message par Medic911 »

Hello!
Just stopping in to introduce myself. I'm new to the ATV world and just got a Suzuki KQ 09, and was wondering if there are any board members here that wouldn't mind giving me a few tips and answering some questions on my new ride.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting up on the trails....

Scrappy_doo
VTT : N\A

Re: Newbie

Message par Scrappy_doo »

Wellcome, to the Forum. i will do my best to answer your questions, if i can not answer i will point you in the right direction.

I hope you are ready for some of the best times of your life in the Quad'n world!!!! :(drive) :(drive) :(drive) :(drive) :(drive) :(drive) :(drive)

Scrappy_
Steph
Modérateur
VTT : svtt

Message par Steph »

You're at the right place to receive the answers to all your questions.

Welcome to the Forumquad. :-D
Stéphane

Membre de la secte du Kan Gourou

Passez voir mon bateau:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... 0918VOqxsy
krabidKVF650

Message par krabidKVF650 »

Welcome to the forum. If I can help in any way, glad to do so.

Used to do a lot of ATV riding in Qubec. To me Qubec is ATV heaven. Now hopeing and can't wait till the time they allow the RZR SXSs on the trails if it should ever happen. I'm not from Qubec but almost close enough to hit it with a stone from home.
2005 Kawie BF 750 :-)

2004 Honda Rancher 400AT (wifes)

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
Scrappy_doo

krabidKVF650 a écrit :Welcome to the forum. If I can help in any way, glad to do so.

Used to do a lot of ATV riding in Qubec. To me Qubec is ATV heaven. Now hopeing and can't wait till the time they allow the RZR SXSs on the trails if it should ever happen. I'm not from Qubec but almost close enough to hit it with a stone from home.

Hey Ken hope all is well south of the border.. say hi to everyone for me!!!!!

Scrappy_
krabidKVF650

Hi Dean :(b)
Hows it going? Wear out that new toy yet? :(drive)

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
Scrappy_doo

krabidKVF650 a écrit :Hi Dean :(b)
Hows it going? Wear out that new toy yet? :(drive)
Its going Great Ken! Been to busy to get allot of use out that machine but expect to spend at least every Saturday on it this winter.

From what i understand they came to an agreement for the passage from les ceder trails over to Lachute not sure if there is a new trail or if there is an agreement with Ontario?

Maybe someone can help us out on some info, Hey there is a 4Pack of Kil Kenny up here with your name on it but you can only claim it if you come with your 750 :-D :-D :-D :-D

Scrappy_
krabidKVF650

The passage is great news. The last time I was there the trails were showing a lot of wear and tear.

Now if only was able to go with the 800. I haven't rode the brute since we got the RZR other than to plow the yard and the Honda only used to push cars in and out of the shop. I don't think they are even regitured or insured for the trails any longer. From the best I can translate on here there is talk about allowing the RZR on the trails. But thats in the future and not sure how far into the future.

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
YamHonda
VTT : RZR-S 2011

Message par YamHonda »

krabidKVF650 a écrit :From the best I can translate on here there is talk about allowing the RZR on the trails. But thats in the future and not sure how far into the future.
Lotta people are pushing for it these days !

ATV Clubs, Quadnet members, dealers, etc recently managed to get Quebec's government to revise and modify the law to allow a passenger on a one seater ATV. Even tho' this is not 100 % official for now, that's a big step forward. The whole saga should resolve shortly (i.e. many months after Quebec's elections in December 2008).

I'm sure we can do the same for the SxS and I'm sure many people from all 'round Quebec will gladly get involved for this (so am I !)
Polaris RZR-S 2011
Honda TRX-250 1986

Luc alias YamHonda
SideXside.ca pour les vrais !
krabidKVF650

Great News

Can't wait to get back up there and ride again.

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
Medic911
VTT : KQ '09

Message par Medic911 »

Thanks for your greetings!

Here is my first question: where do you put the key in to start the engine? :D

Just kidding, needed a laugh.

The first couple of things I am unsure about are:

Exhaust smell. This is a brand new quad (Kingquad 750) and I have only had it running twice so far for about 30 minutes each time (a few laps around my house) and I have noticed once the engine is warmed up the exhaust smells really funky. It's not like burnt oil or anything I've experienced before. Is this typical with the 'fluids' the manufacture ships new quads with and will it go away once I have put more hours on it? I know i am going to have to change the oil after 10 hours to put in normal oil.

Switching gears: I have had a motorcycle in the past but I guess things work differently on a quad. When I am in neutral and not moving on the quad and I shift into hi or lo or reverse (with brake on) and then wait a few seconds and then slowly give it some gas, I can feel and hear the transmission 'engage' or 'clunk or jerk' into whatever I am shifting too. I had thought this would not be felt or heard, am I wrong and is this normal?

Sorry for the really 'newbie' type questions, just want to be sure I am experiencing normal stuff.

Thanks!!
krabidKVF650

Chances are the smell you are getting is the paint on the exaust burning off or curing from the high heat being a new machine. The shifting could be typical for that machine, that one I'm not sure about because every machine can act differantly. Just make sure at a dead stop when chancing gears as they are not typically a syncro type transmission.

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
new8812
VTT : Rzr

Message par new8812 »

Don't worry Ken, as soon as it is done, i'll let you know :wink:
RZR
krabidKVF650

:-) Thanks :-)

:(drive) Would be nice if it was soon :(drive)

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

welcome if you want check out this web site its english and you might find your answers there also.Highlifter.com enjoy your new toy
english/anglais
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »