Welcome message / riding in the province of Quebec

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
jackrabbit
Modérateur
VTT : Wildcat Trail

Welcome message / riding in the province of Quebec

Message par jackrabbit »

Welcome to all english speaking people!

I've set up this forum just for you so that you may exchange information about riding in the beautiful province of Quebec ... ATV's paradise! Trails in Quebec are maintained by 126 clubs with a total of 40,000 members. More that 10,000 km (6,000 miles) of winter trails and 7,000 km (4,200 miles) of summer trails are reserved for ATVs.

For outside riders, here are some important informations to make your rides more enjoyable. Trails are for three wheelers and four wheelers only. No dirt bikes or ORV allowed.

Helmet, a liability insurance of $500,000 CN, headlights, a trail pass, a valid US or Canadian registration for the ATV are required.

If your ATV is a 98 model or more, a rear-view mirror, a brake light and a speedometer are also mandatory. Your ATV should have a standard muffler, performance mufflers (FMF, etc) are not allowed.

Tire chains are prohibited and are not usefull, all 4-seasons trails are well groomed, so traction is not a problem. Hot grips and a windshield are nice features when riding in winter, where the best trails are available.

Trail passes cost $100 CN for a full year, Nov 1st to October 31st and is valid all over Quebec. You can also get a daily pass for $25 CN. When renting an ATV, the trail pass is usually provided with the vehicle.

You must be 16 or older to drive an ATV in the trails. If you are 14 or 15, you must first take a course from the federation and have a valid MOPED license (small sections of trails are on roads).

Riding double isn't discouraged. In fact, most utility machines that you see will have a rear seat on the rack. BUT! Riding double is subject to a fine if you don't have the right equipment. A molded rear seat with footpegs for the passenger are a must and the only way to go if riding with a passenger.

Speed is limited to 50 kmh (30 mph) in the trails. Most trails are 10 feet wide to accomodate incoming ATVs.

Fuel stops are usually available, but when riding after hours or on Sundays in remote areas, you should carry an extra can of gas, just in case.

The language barrier is not a problem as about 50% of the local population are bilingual. The trails are well marked, using symbols. ATV trails are marked with blue post to make them apart from snowmobile trails which are marked with red posts.

Trail passes and maps are available from most ATV dealers and restaurants / gas station where a trail goes. You can also view trail maps on www.quadnet2.com, click on Cartes sentier, then the region.
Dernière modification par jackrabbit le février 22, 2003, 7:03 am, modifié 1 fois.

ArcticCat Wildcat Trail

Générateur de tracés GPS: http://www.quadgen.ca
Page Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/quadgen

M_J

Message par M_J »

Nice touch jackrabbit, hope to see some of our friends from the USA and other english speaking Provinces make use of this section for information on riding here in Quebec.

This could also be helpfull for anyone who plans on riding in other USA or English Provinces, and need information on what is needed for over there.

I am sure when people see this forum, they will feel more comfortable to post here.
Invité

Message par Invité »

magnum 425 and raptorpilot have been talking about coming up this winter.where do we get insurance and how much?any suggestions on lodging.whens the best time of year.we both have grizzlys,raptorpilots still waiting for his to arrive,but we want to come up.
M_J

Message par M_J »

Hey Magnum, you tell lonnie there are no sheeps around here for him...lol

So its for sure this time you guys will be coming? Or is lonnie going to bail out like last time?:)

I will see about getting more info on the lodging, as for insurance, you will have to call you insurance broker and tell them when you plan on coming to Quebec to ride.

Like Jackrabbit posted before, there are places that you can put a good 300 plus miles in 3 days, and winter you can probably do more.

I would suggest though, a ride in the Magog/Sherbrooke (closer for you) area, for winter riding., but I am sure that some other people can be of help.

Talk to you guys soon

M_J(01450es)
muddr1

Message par muddr1 »

Keith, whats up. I thought lonnie was buying a grizz but wasnt sure untol now. Is he still keeping the raptor or what. I see his reputation follows him everywhere. let me know when you go Chris and Myself might be interested. We are possibly planning a trip this spring and a previe would be great. Hope you have a good time this weekend at Scotts. :twisted:
Cant speek french so i'm wingin it. How my doin so far???
Invité

Message par Invité »

jackrabbit THANK YOU!!! :D
This is an excellent idea. I have been looking for information on the trails in PQ, but unable to translate the information. When looking again today I came accross the site. Now that I know you and the others are here and willing to help I will start the process of planning a trip or two to your province. Thanks again!
jackrabbit
Modérateur

You're welcome

Message par jackrabbit »

You are welcome to drop by anytime. I know we are blessed to have such a province wide network of trails, particularly winter trails. It would be nice if you would register, so that we can recognize each other every time you post on this forum. Look for instruction on how to register in the first messages.
ArcticCat Wildcat Trail

jockel

Message par jockel »

Hello Jackrabbit, Antoine,

my congratulations for having the guts to open an english language
section of the Quadnet forum. Wish you a lot of success and an interesting
new "department" of your great Quadent community here :-)

Jo
Jockel
CanadianHummer

Message par CanadianHummer »

Hi Jackrabbit~ Thank you for the welcome. I live in Hawkesbury Ontario, and have just joined the "Club VTT D'Argenteuil inc" in Lachute Quebec, which is just across the river. I am new to this sport but have truly fallen in love with the Quebec Laurentians. Here in this part of Ontario, we are quite limited to trails and access to them. So far with my new quad, I've only put on about 500 miles of Quebec trails which consist of riding in the Argenteuil area which is quite pleasant. I plan on taking a few other Ontario atv'ers over and eventually do a run from Argenteuil to another club up north towards Mont Tremblant or something. If you have any ideas on how I could organize such a trip, please let me know. I'm not sure what club in that area join up with the Argenteuil one. Anyway, thanks again for the nice welcome, and you can be sure I'll be popping in here every once in a while to say hello. Hope to meet you in the Quebec trails someday. Best regards, and all the best in the new year to you and yours.
Ray :)
Né pour rouler......forcé a travailler. Kit de suspension PERFEX et c'est une merveille TraxterXT 02~GPS Etrex. Micro de gorge FireFox
Rubidave

Message par Rubidave »

jackrabbit: I just want to thank you for your efforts on this forum. I was lucky enough to have been invited to the ride that was held in your honor on Sat. 03/01/14 at Bromptonville. The day was exelent as were the people that I met there. Your trail system is truly a winter wonderland for ATV riders. I hope to ride with you again soon, Dave Harrison (Rubidave) :D
2001 Rubicon 2002 Rancher

"How Bad Have You Got It"
ontarian

Quick question

Message par ontarian »

I just had a quick question about the laws and the rules. If I tack a speedo and a mirror on my 400EX then it's good to go right?? Well, that's it, your response would be greatly appreciated. [/b]
jackrabbit
Modérateur

Law

Message par jackrabbit »

Left mirror, a speedo AND a break light and you will be OK. On sport models, a lot of people just use a bicycle speedo.
ArcticCat Wildcat Trail

ontarian

Re: Law

Message par ontarian »

Thanx, you just saved me a lot of moola. A bike speedo's a little more cost effective than one of the ones you can buy. I guess if you say this they must not really care when you go for your trail pass, I'm guessing they check your bike when you get this. Thanx a bunch. :D
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

If you would like some info about trails close to montreal do not be shy to get in touch with me.Andy
english/anglais
Savathar

Message par Savathar »

grizzQC a écrit :If you would like some info about trails close to montreal do not be shy to get in touch with me.Andy
Hiya Andy.
i couldn't get your email nor could i send you a PM, so i'm asking here. :)
where around montreal / south-shore are there nice trails? how about in the winter?

jackrabbit: let me know next time you are organising a ride. :)
Yam Kodiak 450 2003
Yam WR250F 2001
Hon CRF70 2005 (fils)
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »