SxS and trails

Discussions sur les SxS ou Côte-à-côte.
krabidKVF650

SxS and trails

Message par krabidKVF650 »

Hi,

First off let me say, I'm sorry about the English. I've been riding your wonderfull trails in Quebec now for over 7 years and have a great time and meet a lot of great people. I live in northeastern NY. Last summer I purchased a Polaris RZR. I know this is a sore subject with some folks but I have heard rummors that in the near future some of the SxSs may be allowed to run on the ATV trails in Quebec. I have some friends here in NY that hoping that happen so we will have places to ride our SxSs.
Would some one please infom me if that was to ever happen? We love our ner RZR and think it will be a big hit on the trails should they ever be allowed. I have friends that also said if they were allowed on the trails up there they would go out and purchase a new SxS to go riding.

Sorry about the English
Thanks
Ken

2005 Kawie BF 750 :-)

2004 Honda Rancher 400AT (wifes)

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
jackrabbit
Modérateur
VTT : Wildcat Trail

Message par jackrabbit »

Hi KEN,

I don`t know where you heard that but right now they are false rumors. Some people did manage to get a trail pass for their SxS, but as soon as they are intercepted in the trails, the sticker is removed.

This subject has been debated a lot on this forum, but what blocks the acceptance of SxS is the law that states what is an accptable ATV for Quebec trails. I know that right now the FQCQ is not considering any changes to accept SxS in the trails.

Another problem is that SxS comes in all shapes ans sizes. If you start accepting some, where do you draw the line. Have you seen the SxS Arctic Cat's Prowler? A few more inches and you end up with a pickup truck in the trails ...

Sorry
ArcticCat Wildcat Trail

Générateur de tracés GPS: http://www.quadgen.ca
Page Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/quadgen

krabidKVF650

Hi Jackrabbit,

How you been. Haven't talked to you in a long time. Are you planning any Mega rides? Sure miss them. I still have our ATVs so we can go to Quebec and ride. I always said I'd never go the SxS route but my wife wanted one so we got one. Now that I've rode one we haven't been out on a ride in our ATV. They are so much more relaxing and comphy to ride and can ride double leagally. If ever they are allowed up there I would get rid of at least one of the ATVs

I know know that some of the SxSs are large but some are not. My RZR is 4" narrower than my Brute Force. Here in NY the RZR is the only SxS that can be registured as an ATV because it is the only one under 1000 lbs. All they would have to do is put a size restriction on what they allow on the trails to limit what can be used. The people making the rule can pretty much do what they want to put on limitations I would think. Same as the rule the an ATV has to have handle bars and no steering wheel. Limits are put on rules every day and they can change evey day. Just like the rule of riding double. With a secure rear seat and foot pegs, double riding was tolerated but now that a few companies make 2 up machines that is no longer true (so I've read).

Like I said in my post "I know it is a sore subject to some". :D Once you go SxS chances you won't go back to ATV :D

Please just keep me informed if things ever do change
Hope to see you on the trails again
Ken

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
new8812
VTT : Rzr

Message par new8812 »

I Ken, how are you?

As jack said, the work as been delayd (pospond) to fall because the minister don't whant to hear about it for now, wanthing to close the 2 riders file before (but she's working on the tracks :roll: ).
But the pressure is on :twisted: i'm working on Rzr acceptance only, because it mean no change to the trail wideness (the gates already have to be 54"wide).

As for rhinos (who are 54.5") and others, sorry, they'll have to get the best :twisted: or go riding in the zec where they are % legal.

As for riding in the trail system in summer, there will be less problems for shure but it's not yet legal.

By the way, the handlebars aren't here yet, still working on them and i'll feed you in, in here or on Prc :wink:
RZR
krabidKVF650

new8812,

Doing good here, and you?

If some one would have told me a year ago that I'd own a SxS I would have told them they were nuts. Just do one ride with one and you are hooked.

Can't wait till the day, should it ever happen, till we can ride the RZRs on the Quebec trail system.

Please keep me posted on any progress on this
Ken

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
new8812

Message par new8812 »

With pleasure!

Pierre (Pete :twisted: ) :wink:
RZR
YamHonda
VTT : RZR-S 2011

Message par YamHonda »

Hi Ken, nice to hear from you.

Our ATV Federation doesn't allow SxS in their trails for the moment and I don't think it'll be a reality in a near future (i.e. couple years). However, I know some places where SxS are regularly riding but these places are kind of 'underground' private trails that cross some ATV (Federated) trails at occasions. The next time I see a SxS I'll ask the fella to know a little more about it. My wife too can't wait to drop the ATV and ride on a Rhino instead ! This is in the Mauricie area, close to Trois-Rivieres city.

As I've previously mentioned to you in another post, you could help us out changing things faster if you call / write a letter to our Federation and ask about the SxS situation, saying that you and many friends of yours would spend time and $ in the trails, restaurants, hotel, etc ... American tourism concerns ATV people and politician people too :wink:

Here are the places to ask (no problem in english):

Fédération Québécoise des Clubs Quads (FQCQ)
6025, boul. Pie IX.
Montréal, Qc, H1X 2C1
Phone: (514) 252-3050
Fax : (514) 252-5280
email : fqcq@fqcq.qc.ca

Ministère du Tourisme Quebec
900, boul. René-Lévesque Est
Bureau 400
Québec (Québec)
G1R2B5
Phone : (418) 528-8063
Fax : (418) 528-8066
email: (link) http://www.bonjourquebec.com/mto/messag ... inistremto

BTW, two more days and it's the SNIRT Run with the RZR, right ? Keep us in touch with this, I'm anxious to hear/see how you did :lol: And don't feel sorry for your english, it's awright :wink:
Polaris RZR-S 2011
Honda TRX-250 1986

Luc alias YamHonda
SideXside.ca pour les vrais !
krabidKVF650

Yamhonda
I did send the e-mails as you asked and they made it VERY clear that they didn't want to hear from me about the SxSs. I even sent e-mails to the clubs that I had addresses to and got the same responce. The words Side by Side are toboo to a lot of people. Mostly the officals of the clubs and federation.

I know I'm a pest on this subject and some people get very upset when I mention SxSs. I just figured that by all the inquiries about them it sure can't hurt. Like they say "The squeeky wheel gets the grease"

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt about it but I see the new section on here about the SxSs and figured that has to be a positive thing. Just wanted to make it know that there are some people here in the states that would be very interested in taking some of our dollars from down here up to Quebec even though they aren't as valuable as they once were.

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
YamHonda

Message par YamHonda »

I get your point.
But we (SxS fans & owners) should keep pushing for concrete changes.
krabidKVF650 a écrit : Like they say "The squeeky wheel gets the grease"
Like they say "Big wheels turn slow": the change may happen slowly one day. As long as the "wheel" doesn't turn backwards! :wink:

In the mean time I'll ask people around to know more about the SxS non-federated trails they use and I'll get back to you as soon as I get something. Never know: perhaps I'll be able to organize a big ride with these guys :D
Polaris RZR-S 2011
Honda TRX-250 1986

Luc alias YamHonda
krabidKVF650

If you should happen to hear of a ride for SxSs let me know and I'll see if I can get a few to join me and go.
Thanks again and hope to see ya on the trail some day on SxS and if I become too much a pest on this let me know and I'll stop pestering.
Ken

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
YamHonda

Message par YamHonda »

krabidKVF650 a écrit :If you should happen to hear of a ride for SxSs let me know and I'll see if I can get a few to join me and go.
Thanks again and hope to see ya on the trail some day on SxS and if I become too much a pest on this let me know and I'll stop pestering.
Ken
It'll be a pleasure, but for now I'll have to join with the ATV ... Don't worry about pestering, in Quebec we're used to that, it's even about the only way to make things change here !
Polaris RZR-S 2011
Honda TRX-250 1986

Luc alias YamHonda
new8812

Message par new8812 »

:-D And i think that you'll have a long way to go before you'll join me :twisted: :wink:
RZR
jackrabbit
Modérateur
VTT : Wildcat Trail

Message par jackrabbit »

krabidKVF650 a écrit :Hi Jackrabbit,

How you been. Haven't talked to you in a long time. Are you planning any Mega rides? Sure miss them. I still have our ATVs so we can go to Quebec and ride. I always said I'd never go the SxS route but my wife wanted one so we got one. Now that I've rode one we haven't been out on a ride in our ATV. They are so much more relaxing and comphy to ride and can ride double leagally. If ever they are allowed up there I would get rid of at least one of the ATVs

I know know that some of the SxSs are large but some are not. My RZR is 4" narrower than my Brute Force. Here in NY the RZR is the only SxS that can be registured as an ATV because it is the only one under 1000 lbs. All they would have to do is put a size restriction on what they allow on the trails to limit what can be used. The people making the rule can pretty much do what they want to put on limitations I would think. Same as the rule the an ATV has to have handle bars and no steering wheel. Limits are put on rules every day and they can change evey day. Just like the rule of riding double. With a secure rear seat and foot pegs, double riding was tolerated but now that a few companies make 2 up machines that is no longer true (so I've read).

Like I said in my post "I know it is a sore subject to some". :D Once you go SxS chances you won't go back to ATV :D

Please just keep me informed if things ever do change
Hope to see you on the trails again
Ken
No Mega-Rides scheduled for me now. These things are a lot of work to plan and the group tends to be larger and larger every time. The last Mega-Ride I organized (Sawyerville - East Hereford), we ended up being 105 Quads (over 175 people) ... OUCH !!!

I do have a few rides planned for this summer (like a 2000 km round trip around the Gaspesie peninsula) but the groups are already booked solid just with my regular ride buddies.

However, I do have a tool for you if you plan big rides with your friends in Quebec. Just go to https://www.forumquad.com/jackrabbit. It is a GPS tracks generator for ATV rides. I have over 25,000 km of trails mapped on this web site. You can print a map of any selected region, or you can select a starting point / ending point, the web site will plot a course between those two points, only using legal ATV trails OR logging roads. You just have to load this track in your GPS and up you go !!!

It is only in french but I am shure you won't have problems using it, it is easy to use. If you have any questions, just send me an Email.
ArcticCat Wildcat Trail

Générateur de tracés GPS: http://www.quadgen.ca
Page Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/quadgen

krabidKVF650

Thanks Jackrabbit, I'll check it out. Your planned ride sounds awsome.
Think of me on your trip :D
Ken

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
CWT

Message par CWT »

new8812 a écrit ::-D And i think that you'll have a long way to go before you'll join me :twisted: :wink:
:-D :(drive) :N_partytime2:
[b]RZR S 2010 :)[/b]
Répondre

Revenir à « Côte-à-côte / Side-by-side »