Petition for peple who have a rider on a normal atv

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Répondre
L'Orignal

Petition for peple who have a rider on a normal atv

Message par L'Orignal »

Would you like to sign de PETITON:
Go there and sign it for the good of ATV.

https://www.forumquad.com/cgi-bin/petition.cgi

Pierre (L'Orignal)
GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 2007
Mitsubishi Lancer 2003
ARCTIC CAT 500, 2005 Rouge
Fifth wheel Flagstaff 26' 2006
krabidKVF650

Message par krabidKVF650 »

Is there a place that it is in English? For some reason I have trouble running it through my translator. I live in USA, does that make a differance and can I sign it?
2005 Kawie BF 750 :-)

2004 Honda Rancher 400AT (wifes)

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
inouk
Modérateur
VTT : Outlander XT

Message par inouk »

Hi,

Long story short:

The Quebec Government want to stop the tolerance of being two on a ATV that's designed for one place.

Even if we use Kimpex (or any other similar models) trunk that is well fixed on a ATV, people that have this kind of setup will receive tickets, because it's illegal.

The FQCQ worked tirelessly for 10 years to remove the article in the law that prohibit to be two on a atv one place. Note that this article exists since 1997 but since then, it was generaly tolerated by the Police. Very few tickets was issued.

One month ago, the Government said 'no', even if it could be distratrous for the economy. Indeed, I don't have any stats but I'm sure that at least 50% of members of FQCQ (25 000 members of 50 000) are riding with one place ATV that is equipped with KIMPEX trunk.

That's mean, less hotel, less restaurant, less gas, etc. Not everyone is ready to switch their ATV to a truly two place because of the cost.

The manufacturers don't want let the governement to remove this law. They fear the lawsuits if the passanger is wounded if an accident happens.

So, we are petitionning to ask the governement to include the 'grand-father law', meaning that all ATV one place that are purchased before 2008 shouldn't be penalized even if they are two on a ATV one place.

As for the signature, if you live in the USA, I don't think it would help because the law is in Quebec, and thus, to be valid, only the Quebec population could sign it.

But, thanks for you help ! ;)
CAN-AM Outlander 800R XT 2013
Yamaha Raptor 700R SE 2009 (Vendu)
CAN-AM DS650 BAJA X 2007 (Vendu)
BRP DS650 BAJA 2002 (Vendu)
Suzuki Vinson 2006 (Vendu)
Toujours partant pour un plan pas d'allure comme disent Firefight, fullbuzz et Joe-Raptor.
krabidKVF650

Thanks for translating it. Hope you folks good luck with it. If in any way I can help let me know.

There is another way to fix that problem, allow side by sides like the Polaris RZR on the ATV trails. We love ours. Handles and rides like a dream. Deffinatly the way to go when rideing double.

Ken

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
Adirondack Man

Message par Adirondack Man »

Great! I am getting a bonus, at work, next week and was going to buy a Kimpex seat, and foot pegs, now that I actually have a girlfriend that wants to go riding with me. Was planning on riding in Canada this winter, with her (weekend trips). That is out now, as I cannot afford to buy her, her own atv. :evil:
'03 Kawasaki Prairie 650- mine - fully modded internally and externally
'04 Yamaha Grizzly 125 - daughter's
'01 Suzuki LT160 - daughter's
L'Orignal

Message par L'Orignal »

Adirondack Man a écrit :Great! I am getting a bonus, at work, next week and was going to buy a Kimpex seat, and foot pegs, now that I actually have a girlfriend that wants to go riding with me. Was planning on riding in Canada this winter, with her (weekend trips). That is out now, as I cannot afford to buy her, her own atv. :evil:
Tell tour friend to sign de petition because when they will ride in quebec if they got a passenger in there back seat they gone a get a ticket tha just for single ATV no passenger anymore after 31october 2008.
$$$$$$$$$ think about it :?
Pierre (L'Orignal)
GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 2007
Mitsubishi Lancer 2003
ARCTIC CAT 500, 2005 Rouge
Fifth wheel Flagstaff 26' 2006
Adirondack Man

Message par Adirondack Man »

L'Original,

Like Ken, I too live in the U.S..... I would sign the petition, but I thought that you had to be a resident of the Province of Quebec to sign it?
'03 Kawasaki Prairie 650- mine - fully modded internally and externally
'04 Yamaha Grizzly 125 - daughter's
'01 Suzuki LT160 - daughter's
YamHonda
VTT : RZR-S 2011

Message par YamHonda »

Adirondack Man a écrit :Great! I am getting a bonus, at work, next week and was going to buy a Kimpex seat, and foot pegs, now that I actually have a girlfriend that wants to go riding with me. Was planning on riding in Canada this winter, with her (weekend trips). That is out now, as I cannot afford to buy her, her own atv. :evil:
You could probably contact the place in Canada you wanted to go for a ride and tell them your frustration about this law. You could also complain about the fact that most ATV clubs don't accept Side-by-Side in their trails (in Quebec at least, don't know in other provinces).

You know, foreigners and tourists are sometimes more powerful than the country's citizens in some cases :wink: That would be a nice contribution from our friends in the USA to keep our trails open to all !

By the way, do you guys have the right to carry a passenger with a Kinpex seat (trunk) ? Do you guys have the right to ride in most ATV trails with a Side-by-Side ?
Polaris RZR-S 2011
Honda TRX-250 1986

Luc alias YamHonda
SideXside.ca pour les vrais !
krabidKVF650

Riding double is not leagle on a machine built for a single rider here in NY but most of the time the law doesn't bother people about it. And yes the Polaris RZR is concidered an ATV in all states in the USA. All the other side by sides like the Rino, Ranger XP and Prowler are not in NY because they are over 1000 lbs and can not be registered. So in most casees as long as you have the slow moving triangle on it and going under 25 mph they concider them the same as a farm tractor so most people ride the roads with them. Here in NY there is no Trail System. There are some roads in western NY that they allow ATVs on but nothing like what you folk in Quebec have. From what I understand, NY is trying to close a lot of their roads to ATVs in western NY. I know that if Quebec were to open the ATV trails to Side by Sides their memberships would increase a LOT.

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
YamHonda
VTT : RZR-S 2011

Message par YamHonda »

krabidKVF650 a écrit :I know that if Quebec were to open the ATV trails to Side by Sides their memberships would increase a LOT.
That's what I think too, and this possibility is being discussed a lot all around by most ATV clubs: we'll see what will happen in a short future. In the mean time, thanx for the clarification on your side of the border :wink:
Polaris RZR-S 2011
Honda TRX-250 1986

Luc alias YamHonda
SideXside.ca pour les vrais !
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »